Our 2021 Season Recap!
2021 was the biggest year yet for Jersey Sponsor. This year brought new challenges and many incredible results, and our team is excited to share some of our proudest results from our 2021 season! Thanks for all of your support in 2021 and here's to 2022, cheers! 🥂
2021 was the biggest year yet for Jersey Sponsor. This year brought new challenges and many incredible results, and our team is excited to share some of our proudest results from 2021!
The first half of the year was dedicated to researching, creating, designing, building and testing the newest version of the platform. We were grateful to have more than 50 athletes, teams, coaches, and brands beta test the app prior to our beta launch in June 2021.
Since then we have seen athletes across the globe organically adopting Jersey Sponsor as a place to build their digital athletic identities.
Without further ado, here are some highlights just for you from our 2021 season.
1. We've gone global. In 2021 we expanded outside the United States to 17 countries across 5 continents including Canada, India, Ireland, Spain, Belarus, Indonesia, Lebanon, Germany, England, Sweden, Jamaica, Netherlands, Philippines, Portugal, Brazil, Italy and Finland.
2. We're popular at home. Athletes have joined our community from 46 states and over 300 cities. The most popular state and city comes as no surprise as it is also home to our HQ, Miami, FL. Athletes in Florida represent just over 6% of the total athletes in our community. Go Florida!
3. We're also popular on campus. As we've written in an earlier article, Jersey Sponsor athletes represent more than 250 four-year institutions and 30 two-year institutions. Many of these 4 year universities are smaller schools including Liberal Arts Schools, HBCUs, and Seminary/faith based schools. The two year intuitions include JUCO, Community Colleges, Technical Schools, Beauty Schools of America and the NASCAR Technical Institute. And recently we found that 20% of all HBCUs nationwide are represented by users on Jersey Sponsor.
4. Olympic athletes and hopefuls are believers too. On Jersey Sponsor we are proud to many past/present Olympic athletes and many more with Olympic dreams/goals that pushes and motivates them every day. As we gear up for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, we will be cheering on Jersey Sponsor athletes and all those who have made it to the pinnacle of their sport. We know that years and decades of training goes into this small window of time and we can’t wait to work with them further in the coming years and decades to get these Olympic athletes the funding and resources to help them reach this incredible platform.
5. Gen Z approves. The average age of our users is 22 and they've contributed heavily to our combined TikTok audience growing to over 1M. This trend isn’t going anywhere and we are excited to see athletes of all ages embrace TikTok as a way to show fans, friends, and family more about their lives on and off the field.
6. Brands are seeing the value in athletes. Brands and companies have continued to grow at a steady rate of 100% from September to November. Jersey Sponsor now has over 50 companies and brands on the platform including two international companies and even non-profits. A majority of these companies are local and regional and have a focus on influencers in their communities.
7. We launched JS Mag, our media outlet. Our articles are curated specifically to cover the interests and news important to athletes including the sports industry, news, technology, business, mental health, culture, resources and our self assessment of the United Nations Sustainable Development Series to highlight the power of sport to change the world for the better.
8. We've learned a ton about our community. One of our competitive advantages is that we allow athletes to show off their interests and accomplishments on and off the field. Jersey Sponsor athletes added more than 4,000 interests to their profiles in 2021. We have condensed these down to 400 categories including the Top 5 interests of athletes which are Music, Hiking, Fishing, Gaming and Reading. Jersey Sponsor athletes are participating in more than 150 sports across the globe. These sports include futbol, snooker, darts, esports, pickleball, diving, dance, MMA, car/go kart racing, wheelchair basketball, volleyball, roller hockey, bull riding, baton twirling, and so many others. What this tells us is that Jersey Sponsor resonates with a wide range of athletes.
9. We've learned even more about ourselves. We are proud to say that our team at Jersey Sponsor continues to make sure we're growing, evolving, and adapting to what athletes want and what the tech space commands. This team has come together from .This willingness to roll with the punches and to triumph over challenges is what makes what we're doing special. Our growth, resilience and dedication has put us light years ahead of where we were a year ago, and we assure you we'll be saying the same thing this time next year. We've worked with over 15 incredible team members across 4 countries and 6 time zones. Just like many athletes, we're a bunch talented underdogs from across the world who show up everyday knowing that our hard work will pay off and is helping dreams come true.
10. Jobs Not Finished. But we're much closer and we have the information and the plan to make 2022 the most special yet. The world hears our footsteps, and we wouldn't be here without the faith that our community of athletes have placed in us to finish the job.
Thanks to our community of athletes for all of your support in 2021 and here's to 2022,
The Jersey Sponsor Team